Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Clicker 5 Training




I just completed a full day training with John and Ann Crick, developers of Clicker. I've been struggling with Clicker 4 for about a year now and got my hands on Clicker 5 late last spring. My learning curve has been slow on this particular software, but now I feel much better. The training was GREAT! I highly recommend both the software and attending any training you can get on how to use it. I also got to preview their training guides. They offer a beginning, advanced and access guide. You better plan on purchasing at least the beginning guide and working through it before using Clicker 5 for the first time. The guide is very well written with step by step directions on how to use this powerful software.

I left the training feeling confident that Clicker 5 is perhaps the single most powerful and affordable solution that could be made to work with just about any student need. It replaces the need for many more expensive and limited programs. Let's see if you can guess which ones....Clicker 5 allows you to write with symbols (yes, the Mayer Johnson symbols are supported) and pictures. You can also read with picture support. The voices for screen reading are the best I've heard. If your student can use a mouse, the possibilities are endless. You can also scan with all the clicker grids via a very useful and fully customizable interface.

Again, don't expect to simply install it and begin working. You really need to allow yourself the time to learn this program and how grids are organized. Creating grids from templates is necessary, as is the manual and/or training. The good news is that your time spent learning this program is worth it, because in the end you will realize that you won't need much anything else.

Check it out here: Clicker 5

I also got to see a demo on the new Clicker Paint. It's fully integrated into Clicker 5 or available as a stand alone program. The program is fantastic as well!

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy

I see tht you briefly mention Clicker paint. Can you give a little more detail on what it does? I've been looking for a switch accessible painting program. I think this could be it but I'm finding it difficult to get information.

Barry

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can find out more about Clicker Paint here: http://cricksoft.com/us/products/clickerpaint/

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I was looking on the UK site - nothing there. I assume they'll be making be making an announcement soon. I'm really interested to see how the switch access works and how much users can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home